Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Moving In


On September 2, 2009 I moved into my apartment in Florence Italy. I was extremely excited to meet my three roommates and get to know them. When I arrived at the appartment, Zach (next to me in the picture) was already moving in. Zach is a Junior at Illinois State and is a Marketing major, just like me. Later that night Ryan (in the blue) and Jeff (far right) moved in. They are both 5th years at Iowa State. Basically we all became good friends. All of us enjoy music, and Zach, Jeff, and I all play guitar. At the moment we are putting together a street performing group to make money while we are here in Florence. Ryan plays piano, but unfortunately that is a tough instrument to bring on a plane. Along with our interest in music we all have a weird fascination with HeMan. Ryan discovered the most glorious Youtube video of all time in HeMan sings. Because of this odd coincidence we have decided to name our apartment Castle Greyskull, after HeMan's fortress.
Our apartment is great. It is a little two bedroom flat with a good sized living/dining room, bathroom, kitchen, and a small balcony to dry our clothes. Here are pictures of my room and the living room. Our apartment also came with a sweet cactus named Giovanni (pictured at the bottom of this post).
Along with Giovanni, our apartment came with a small TV that is hooked up with only Italian channels. At first this seemed like it would be horrible, but it has turned out amazing. They like to watch a lot of old movies that are dubbed over in Italian, game shows, and MTV. And their MTV is the way it was made to be. All music all the time which I like a lot because I'm sick of all the reality shows they show on American MTV. Most of the music they play is in English, but there are some good Italian songs as well. The music isn't all rap and hip hop either, it is a whole variety of music. Here is a sample of the songs that we listen to almost daily:

No comments:

Post a Comment